Saturday, January 13, 2007

Aerobatics: 4-Channel Plane

My second plane is a EPP foamie: "The Potensky Eagle". I have replaced the ESC (electric speed control) with a Great Plance C-12 and put a EPS350 motor/gearbox (5.33x1) and a slowflyer large prop on it after a nose dive broke the gear drive. It does not have the power that I want, but does fly slowly and gives me the opportunity to practice my aerobatics. Below is a Youtube.com video of the Eagle. Other videos are also posted, just search for "Quiet Flyer".



My third plane is another foamie -- the Copperhead Extra Stiffy with a brushless motor. This plane will be put me in a whole new league of performance. But first I want to master my Eagle.

1 comment:

Dave S. said...

That landing doesn't look as bad on video as it did in person. It actually looks pretty awesome here...you're coming straight down in that roll, you do a touchdown and then park it. Granted, to an amateur that might look pretty cool, but an experienced flyer might look at that vid and say that was pretty rough.