Sunday, May 06, 2007

Decorating your styro plane


Here's a sneak peek of my Graupner Mini Piper, that I am converting to a Piper Grasshopper.Using olive drab (color) styro safe spray paint that I got from my local hobby store (lhs) I painted my plane with the LIGHTEST coat that I could that fully covered the plane. I taped off the areas that I wanted to paint my stripes and then sprayed it. I also taped off the tires and spray painted the rims. With a brush, tape, and black and white styro safe paint I paint, I painted my army stripes. Next, I will add Army decals after I use some alcohol to clean the surface. I still need to touch it it with olive drab and a brush, especially around the nose. I made a mistake by rubber banding the nose pieces together and the glue stuck to the rubber bands. It's better to use pins only. This plane will look great when it is complete and I am so close. I bought my Graupner Mini Piper from Hobby-Lobby and it is a good first or second plane.

No comments: