Sunday, May 06, 2007

Flight Report: Copperhead Aviation Extra Stiffy

A great 3rd park flyer is the "Extra Stiffy" made by Copperhead Aviation. Beside my plane you will see my original radio, HiTec Flash 5 and my new lipo charger/balancer -- FMA Cellpro4. If you think that this hobby will be a long-term investment for you I recommend thinking ahead. I am very happy that I bought a radio that I could grow into, because I did not need to upgrade my radio.

This plane's performance is outstanding. It will fly vert. Imagine driving a sports car and then driving a standard car. The sports car accelerates better and corners very well, because of stiffer suspension. The same can be said about the Extra Stiffy, because the plane overflows with power and is very stiff; therefore it is very responsive in the air.

Take-off took less than 8 feet and before I knew it (in seconds) the plane was 65 feet in the air. I flew at about 1/3 throttle. The plane tracked very well. Rolls resulted in no loss of altitude. Loops and inverted loops were easy pulled off. The plane required a little speed to be landed and could be flown to the ground with throttle and no elevator.

The plane is expensive for a foamy at $89, but the reviews I have read seem to justify the costs.

www.copperheadaviation.com

No comments: