Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Dubro Parkflyer Skis ($10)

What fun! Today is the first big snow fall we have had all season (powder, then frozen rain, and then more powder. Snow was mildly frozen on the surface. Perfect for RC snow skis). So I installed my Dubro Parkflyer Snow Skis I purchased for $10 from my local hobby store. I taxi'd around my backyard and had a couple super short and low altitude flights. I loved it. The plane is fast on snow.

The directions supplied from Dubro were helpful, but not perfectly clear. I drilled a few extra holes in my skis that I didn't need, because the directions were confusing. So I cheated and went online and Googled the installation and found a guy who posted pictures of his slow flyer with a pair on. I, too, am posting pictures for you to see so you can avoid the hassle all together.

Enjoy taking-off from snow and landing on it. I found the snow and skis to be VERY forgiving.

No comments: